Terms & Conditions
The term “S & H Thomas” or “us” or “We” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without S & H Thomas’s prior written consent.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. We will notify you as soon as possible if the goods ordered are not available.
- Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgment of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on this website. The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we (i) debit your credit or debit card or (ii) dispatch the goods to you, whichever is the later.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from this website.
- The products sold on this website are not for re-sale or distribution. We reserve the right to cancel orders and/or suspend accounts where we believe products are being ordered in breach of this provision.
- You will assume the risk for the products once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified when ordering the products. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the products from the delivery address which you specified.
Price and payment
- All prices shown are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) and are correct at the time they are entered on to the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.
- Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your goods to you. All transactions are taken in the UK and our transaction currency is in UK Pounds (£).
- In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order in accordance with these terms and conditions, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.
- You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.
- Where a discount is being applied, you may only use one discount code with each order. We reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders where you add more than one discount code to the basket. We allow you to use discount codes strictly on the terms and conditions upon which they were issued which, amongst other things, may include terms relating to your eligibility to use them and a maximum order value.
- In order to ensure our customers receive the best level of service we offer a comprehensive returns policy. The following procedures must be followed and failure to do so may result in us being unable to exchange goods or provide refunds. Also please be aware that we cannot be held responsible and we may not be able to provide refunds/exchanges on goods affected by circumstances beyond our control. This policy does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau if you are in the UK).
- Refunds if you are a UK consumer, you have the legal right, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 to cancel your order within fourteen working days following your receipt of the goods or the date on which we begin provision of the services. Refunds for orders cancelled under the provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations will be processed in accordance with your legal rights. If you wish to cancel (or are considering cancelling) a product or service you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK consumers do not apply to certain products and services (for example, made to measure orders, flowers, plants, food, gifts and personalised items);
- If you want to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must return the goods to us within fourteen working days following the date of receipt in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations.
- You must take reasonable care of the products that you wish to cancel and not use them.
- Goods should be returned in their original packaging or in the case of furniture, collection arrangements made, promptly at your cost. Carriage costs for despatch and returning the goods are your responsibility.
- The goods remain your responsibility during transit and until signed for by the company. You must retain possession of the goods or services and ensure that the goods or services are kept in the same condition as they were when they were delivered until such time as the goods or services are either collected by us or delivered back to us by you.
- Goods must be returned complete (including all packaging, manuals etc). If any item(s) are missing when received then the product is deemed incomplete.
- If upon receipt the returned goods fail to meet the above conditions then the company may refuse to accept the goods.
- All refunds will be undertaken within 30 days of the return. Refunds cannot be made for postal charged incurred by the customer in returning the goods to us.
- Delivery discrepancies: Any discrepancies must be reported as soon as is reasonable after delivery, preferably within 24hrs. On arrival, if packaging appears damaged it is recommended that this is marked on the delivery note before you sign. Should an item be missed or appear not delivered then we request that you notify us as soon as possible, preferably within 24hrs of initial receipt of delivery. Replacement goods will be despatched ASAP.
- Damaged or incorrectly supplied products: You should check all products you receive against your order. If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied on delivery then you must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the delivery documentation. If the packaging is obviously damaged refuse the delivery or only sign for the items as “Damaged Packaging, Items not inspected”. If the packaging and goods inside are obviously severely damaged please refuse the delivery entirely. Goods endorsed as “received in good condition” or if we are not notified of the damage within 24 hours, we cannot guarantee a replacement product.
You must inform us (by post, phone or e-mail) of any damages or faults as soon as possible, preferably within 24hours of receipt of goods. You must return the products to us as soon as possible after informing us that the products are damaged or have been incorrectly supplied. Please retain all relevant delivery documentation. If the goods were delivered 30 days ago or less, we will offer to refund or replace confirmed faulty goods once returned to us per this returns process. We will help to arrange a resolution under the manufacturer’s warranty (where applicable) for items reported after the 30 day period.
Changes to These Terms
- We reserve the right to amend and update these terms and conditions from time to time and any changes will be updated on the website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes.
Law, Jurisdiction and Language
- This website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes will be decided only by the English and Welsh courts.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights.